Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Oscar Noms Announced!

Early this morning, the Acadamy Award Nominations were announced. I'm excited for the three Animated Features (Cars, Happy Feet and Monster House) I have to admit I haven't seen "Monster House" yet, but will before the awards are handed out. But I am still behind "CARS"!! In my opinion it may not be Pixar's best flick, but it is the best of the year from these three.

I was also super happy to see "The Little Matchgirl", a Disney short. It was wonderful and if I remember right, it's been in production for a long time. I saw some of the pre-production stuff and LOVED the look of it. If you haven't seen it yet, you should try to find it. The AWN showcase has a clip and some stills. http://showcase.awn.com/showgallery.php?cat=778

In other Oscar news, even though "Dreamgirls" received 8 noms, it was shut out of the Best Picture catagory. But Jennifer Hudson was recognized (and my bet to win a golden trophy) for Best Supporting Actress as Effie White in Dreamgirls! I'm also happy that Meryl Streep was nominated for "Deveil Wears Prada" and Will Smith for "Pursuit of HappYness". The Oscar nominations always show me the movies I need to try to catch up on before the awards. And besides "Pan's Labyrinth" (which has yet to get to my neck of the world!!), I wanna check out "Half Nelson" with the Best Actor nom for Ryan Gosling. He's an actor that some people may know, and other's will as he gets more and more exposure. Gotta love those ex-Mouseketeers!!

Gotta start getting ready for my annual Oscar Party!! Whoo hoo!

Until laterz!

No comments: