Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Another Animation Great Passes Away...



The animation world lost another great member yesterday. Bill Melendez started his career at Disney, working on Pinnochio, Fantasia and Dumbo, went on to create the animated versions of the beloved "Peanuts" characters. I remember growing up with the classic Charlie Brown shorts like most people from the last part of the 20th Century. Since I was a huge fan of both animation and Snoopy and gang, I loved any "making of" segments about the Melendez creations. I still have recorded TV specials that have Bill Melendez showing the animation process. Wonderful childhood memories! I am saddened more by not getting a chance to meet another animation master. Now that I'm in LA, I hope this is one of the last greats that pass on before I am able to shake their hands and maybe have some of that greatness passed on to me!

My prayers and thoughts go out to Mr. Melendez's family.

No comments: